So we’re halfway through the month and I’m honestly surprised to say I’m halfway through the word count! 25,005 as of last night (and another 3k-ish today) which is perfectly on track to finish 50k words as of the end of the month.
Here’s the problem. Earlier last week I was trying to figure out what was in the next chapter when I realized that the outline was waaayyy too broad. It was more of an overview than an outline. So I spent the majority of the week creating an actual outline that tells me what’s really going to happen. This ended up splitting the first chapter into four chapters and writing completely new chapters 1-3 which leaves me with 7 chapters of which 4 are done (if out of order) and 3 half done, but altogether gives me 28k words, give or take.
The “fun” part of all this is that the new outline ends where chapter 10 in the original overview/outline. Since the original one had, oh, 40 chapters that means I’ve got at least 3 or 4 books worth of material. And that would be awesome if I had the flippin’ time! So much to write, so little time. That’s what I get for needing a day job to pay the bills. ;o)
On the other hand, I’m really happy with how this new outline stands and the writing is going muuuch faster. It really does help to have a blueprint.
I will see you all next Sunday with my third progress report! Happy writing everyone!